Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just Random Thinking!

I cannot tell anyone why my mind is whirling like it is. I lie in bed at night and will myself to go to sleep. I think up all kinds of things I want to make, or I work out a problem in my head. I do math stuff in my head too. Maybe I am trying to prevent mind deterioation, or maybe I am weird. Or maybe I have too many interests.

Yet-when it comes to actually doing anything, I just sit down and sigh. I pick up the second sockie and knit a while. I am on a schedule for that one. The other things are just putzing along. I also am unknitting much faster than I could ever knit. I frogged that coral pink sweater I showed in the last post. I blocked it, and it is now nice tidy little yarn cakes in a sack with the other unused skeins. Last night I frogged a vest I had started with some handspun alpaca. So today I tried to valiantly spit splice and spin back together the ends, and I reskeined that. I wanted to know how many yards I have, and I did that to measure the length. After a good soak, both skeins are now blocking on the yarn blocker.

I sat down to work on family tree stuff, and I could not get the laptop to work like I would like the laptop to work. Then I tried to work on some sewing, and the sewing machine is making a really strange noise. So I am bundling that off to the sewing machine hospital tomorrow.

And to top it off, I have been really trying hard to watch what I am eating, and I am trying to not overeat. I don't want the weight to sneak back, and it is best to keep an eye on it. So what did I do tonight? I made a small batch of lemon poppyseed muffins. And-yes-I wolfed down two while they were still warm and butter could melt on them. I was hungry! I mean-HUNGRY!

Ok-why does sudoku have to be a challenge? Isn't there a mathematical formula for this? I can usually get the first two puzzles, and by the third one I am struggling. I get down to two or three numbers, and then it is a struggle to solve the mystery. Math has never, ever been my thing. I never could do a Rubik's Cube. But I like puzzles.

I planted two forsythias in the front yard. Hopefully in three or four years they will be big and pretty. I love the free formed shape of one that is not pruned. It is very architectural. And the biggest daffodils I dug up last week are blooming.

Today my brother called me to watch his daughter on VideoRanch. I had never heard of this, and it is evidently a concert venue out of Austin that is on the internet. His daughter is a singer/songwriter in Austin, and there she was on the internet! What a wonderful thing! I don't have to go out to a concert again.

See-just random little thoughts shooting around. My friend CJE's mother-in-law is back in the hospital. My friend CF called to tell me she thinks our friend she has been helping is deteriorating. So I am glad my little brain is still functioning. It is a struggle some days, but I am trying.

I am seriously thinking of setting up an indigo vat. It has been a long, long time since I have done that. Of course, the weather has been nice enough to actually go out onto the deck. Oh-yeah! I forgot, we are supposed to have a light snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. So it may be a little while before I do the indigo thing.

I guess that is enough random thinking. My friend CJE calls it "monkey brain". That random jumping around of your thoughts. You think of one thing and that leads to another thing that leads to another thing. And then you forgot what the first thing was after about 4 or 4 leaps of thought.

Have a good rest of the week. Let's just hope this is the last blast of winter, and that this will truly be a wonderful Spring. I love Spring! I love the smells, and the colors, and the spots of various greens. It is good to just be outside without 4 layers of clothes on. So take advantage of the Vernal Equinox. It only comes once a year.

No comments: