Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Well, thank goodness, we have made it to March. We have had a real warm-up, and today I am putting blankets and things out on the clothesline. It is very windy; after all, it is March! Yeah!

I have been very grumpy this morning. I am going through that post winter, early Spring thing. It is way too early to garden, but I want to be outside doing stuff. After all, this will only last a coupla days. Yesterday after a brief walk, I raked sticks that have fallen off the trees during the winter. I cut some of the old flower heads that I left for seed for the birds. I just did piddly things.

I remember seeing this yard in my home town that did not have a bit of grass, but the lady always grew coxcombs. I remember touching them and admiring the colors of the flowers. I asked her how she kept her yard so clean, and she told me she swept it every day. She demonstrated the technique to me-a little bitty kid. That's how I felt yesterday. There are some patches of green in the yard, and the henbit is starting to come through. But for the most part I was just raking dirt. Making it cleaner so eventually I will be able to mow the yard. UGH!

I am also restless at night. I did not get to sleep until after 3:30 a.m. I remember looking at the clock, going to the bathroom again, and turning my back to the clock. I woke up at 8:00 a.m. because Noodles was wanting to play. He was chirpling, jumping on the bed, then off the bed. He would gallop through the house, come back in , jump, chirple, jump, run. I finally had to give up, struggle into some clothes, brush my teeth, and play ball with him. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

But I am going to enjoy the day as a nice, windy, warm day. I am pretty sure I will make a run to my friend's horse farm to get a load of manure. I want to get the garden ready to plant, even though it is too early to garden. It will keep me outdoors for most of the warm part of the day. We are expecting a new front to move in Monday evening with lots of rain, dropping temperatures, and eventually snow on Tuesday. SIGH!

No comments: