Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful Tuesday!

These are a few snaps from our impromptu, fast and dirty, Kool-Aid dye mess at the sock club meeting on Sunday. We had so much fun. It was hard to think of all the stuff we might need, but I had plenty of stuff. We just ran out of Lemonade for yellow, but everyone was amenable to that.





I am very thankful for friends that I can play with, and friends I can just enjoy messing in dye with. No one used gloves, we all had pink and dark stains on our fingers, and we just made a mess. It was fun.
I am very thankful I lead a very simple, uncomplicated life right now. I don't have to worry about parties, cooking large meals, getting gussied up to go somewhere, and I don't have to worry about being somewhere I don't want to be because it is necessary to do that. I sound a little bit like Madge right now. I don't smoke, tho'.
I am very thankful for having enough food to eat, enough Orange and Tangerine Zinger herbal tea to see me through, enough shelter, and two cats that are great companions. I just have to worry whether I am going to knit, sew, weave, or spin. And I only fret because there is nothing on t.v. to watch.
I am thankful I have a computer to lurk around on when I am bored, and that will give me Hulu to watch movies or t.v. shows.
I am thankful that I have so many good and long-lasting friends. They are my tribe and my clan.
I am thankful that I have warm sweaters and socks that are wool, and that I don't itch when I wear them.
I can sit at my window and watch the birds feeding. Or-as I am now-watch Baby stalking a mole that has evidently come too close to surface. She digs a little, then tracks where it has moved to. She is a little huntress! This is good entertainment.
I am thankful that I still have flowers blooming in the garden. At Thanksgiving! But when it is warmer and the sun is out, the bees are out. So I leave the flowers there for any nourishment they might give.
Yesterday I took a quick trip to the mountains. I had to go to the quilt shop to pick up my quilt that was quilted. Then I drove South and Southeast to my girlfriend's house for a visit. We went to Harrison for shopping, and then back to her house. We had a good visit, and enjoyed ourselves immensely. On the way home, I looked for the elk and swans in Boxley Valley. I did not see any. I did see a HUGE flock of wild turkey that were feeding.
Then as I was almost to the turn-off road to leave Boxley Valley this is what I saw:


This is only the portion I could photo from my car window. To the left there were over a hundred more! I have never ever in my life seen so many elk! In the Rocky Mountains I normally will see a family-mama, daddy, babies. But never anything like this. I mean-there were over 150 head of elk out there! In the bottom photo, there is a speck that is lighter right in the middle. That was the BIG DADDY. He had a huge rack of antlers! And he was just watching his girls!
So, yes, I am thankful that I was able to see such a marvelous sight as this!
So much to be thankful for. If we could only say one prayer every day, it should be a gratitude prayer for all the blessings we do have.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy


















No comments: