Friday, November 27, 2009

Thank You!

For each new morning with its light,For rest and shelter of the night,For health and food, for love and friends,For everything Thy goodness sends.~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gratitude is one of the many things I try to practise daily. I am so thankful for all my many blessings I have received. This is the time of year I try to focus on that thought, especially during this month of plenty. My heart swells with emotion when I watch the shows that are meant to bring the t.v. people more money. I saw a wonderful story of a man who lost everything, turned to drugs, and was so far down he was contemplating suicide. You know the story-it is a common one now. He went to the Salvation Army for help, because a friend took him there. He got into the drug rehab program, took their lessons on cooking, and now is the head chef at the Salvation Army that saved him. He is now teaching other drug rehab people the same skills that saved him.

Take time today to forget that feeling that there is not enough time to finish all the things that need to be done. Take time today to just sit and count your blessings.

No comments: