Friday, November 6, 2009

Is It April Already?

I seem to remember this is November, but Gosh! it feels like April or May. It is SUPER WINDY! It is warm. It is really warm. Just a month ago we had the promise of a long, nasty, yucky winter. Then it's Spring again!

I have been investigating Windspires. I like the idea of a vertical tower that generates energy. But the cost is rather steep-$10,000. I am sure I can get a tax credit or something, but that's a rather high price right now. A day like today I am sure I would be selling energy back to the electric company.

I found a company that sells windmills, but they just produce supplemental energy in a battery pack. I like the idea of having something hooked up to the grid. That way if we have a lot of days like today, I can sell it back to them.

Yesterday was a complete day of sloth. I was so tired after my visitor I just couldn't get past the sweats and t-shirt without a bra thing. I didn't even comb my hair. I was yawning by 6:30 p.m. The cats just laid around with me, or on me, whichever way they flow.

My neighbor took me to a garage sale. She found it yesterday, and it was a good deal. A lady died, and her family was trying to get rid of stuff to clean the house for the market. The lady evidently did "retail therapy" because most of the clothes still had the tags on them. They were brand new! I got a pair of DearFoam slippers, a nice tencel shirt, and a chamois shirt from L.L. Bean- all for $3.00! At another sale on the way home I bought a long-sleeve t-shirt and a sweatshirt for $.75! So I am set now.

I thought this morning I would get out and work in the yard some today. I went to the Wal-Mart Neighborhood store instead for groceries. Then when I got home, the neighbor and I went to this garage sale. Now I am ready for a nap. I don't think I could do yard work now.

I guess that's all since the other day. Have a good weekend.

No comments: