Monday, February 1, 2010

The Sun's Shining!

My poor kitties have cabin fever. They did go out a little bit on Friday during the snowing, but they have not been out since. They go out the kitty door to the screened porch, sniff the air, hunker down and watch the birds, and then come back in the house. This morning they ran up and down the hallway, chirpling, and hissing, and acting like bad kids that are cabin locked.

We probably got about 6 or 7 inches on top of the ice. Nothing has melted yet in the yard. The street is somewhat passable, but there hasn't been any plows up here. I think they are primarily trying to get major routes taken care of.

I think our minds are tricky things. I normally don't go out very much during the week. Maybe once a week to the grocery store. I try to eat out that day also. I go to the knit group on Thursday night if the weather cooperates. But I began to feel "trapped" yesterday. I walked out a little bit during the last coupla days, but really it shouldn't be any different than normal. I guess it is the fact I really cannot go anywhere right now. On regular days, I have a choice, and I generally choose not to go out.

So yesterday morning I decided this was a Sunday like all other Sundays. I turned on NPR and sat down at the spinning wheel. Once my programs were completed I turned on podcasts on ITunes. I finished the blue yarn, and I am now almost plied. Once that is completed, I can skein it, block it, and then fret about what I am going to knit with it.

I did a load of laundry this morning, and that needs to be completed. But I think today is going to be "Finish the plying day". I will try to get out to the store this afternoon after more melting on the street. I am out of birdseed. They are frantic.

Happy Monday! Have a good week.

No comments: