Friday, January 29, 2010

Let's Look At Pretty Pictures!

This is the wool I dyed with brazilwood. I try not to tell my environmental friends that I use this wood. But isn't it totally different than using a plant dye? I think it is beautiful. The reddish brown is a merino/English angora blend. The orangey is Romney fleece.
This is after the rain/freezing rain/ice/sleet fell at about 8 a.m. this morning.




This is while the snow is still falling. I have filled the bird feeders twice today, and they are all in a frenzy to get as much as they can. It is totally amazing how fast they are eating. I would say visibility is really limited to my yard. There have been few cars passing on the road. Believe it or not, my mailwoman delivered the mail!
So thank God, we did not get a power outage last night. I kept waking up in the night and listening for the furnace to come on. And to hear the refrigerator humming. The poor people in Oklahoma got slammed like last year. I can only shake my head. Some silly weather person says this is normal El Nino weather patterns, but I cannot ever recall a swath of red across a map of the U.S. showing ice from New Mexico to Kentucky and further east into the mountains. I have seen pockets of ice-like we had last year-but never a complete pathway of ice that moved from west to east.
Anyway-just wanted y'all to see that we do get bad weather here. I guess it is close to 4 inches of snow on top of the ice right now. But it is still snowing heavily. Keep warm!



No comments: