Monday, July 7, 2008

Whoa! Bunches of Photos!!!

These are my two friends in Kansas I stayed with. We spent the night in town at her house, went to a wedding, and then went out to the country to his house. I had forgotten what it is like to be in a very large city. YUCK! Busy, busy, busy, busy-rude, rude, rude, rude-rush, rush, rush, rush. You get the picture. It takes a bit of multi-tasking to get it all done. Thank God I don't live that way any more.

This is the Dyck Arboretum where the wedding was held. It is a prairie arboretum with gobs and gobs of pretty flowers.
The wedding was held outside by the pond in front of a gigantic willow tree.
I couldn't get this picture in the right spot. We ate a really good dinner inside the Arboretum building after the wedding. This is a little cabin Bill built out on his property. It is really cute. It has a wood stove so it is comfortable for anyone camping out in the winter time.

This is a gigantic field of St. John's Wort. This is only one of many fields. I have never seen it so prolific before. It is actually the Arkansas River streambed in 1981. The river has meandered to another course, and this is really sandy, silty soil.

I have not been knitting at all. I have kept the pretty sock with me in case I have to wait. I have knit it to the toe decreases. It is a sad situation when I can't seem to focus and sit and knit for even a short time.

I got an update package for my little Ashford spinning wheel. I got two treadles, a new band, and a new tension spring. I haven't worked on that yet. I debated buying a new wheel, but I am very sentimental and emotional about this little wheel. And it costs a lot to buy a new wheel. Then I found out I could upgrade with two treadles, and it was a lot cheaper to do that than to buy a new wheel. I will give you a full report when I get that done. It may not be worth it, but I think it seems like it is a better alternative. We will see. My father put my wheel together for me, and I am hesitant to mess with it. I have to finish the wood first, and then go from there.

Otherwise, I have quieted down a little bit. I am not so busy. So maybe life will return to a more calm, less nerve-wracking state. I am going to my knitting group tonight, even though I will probably not have any knitting to do.










No comments: