Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Am Tired!

I am tired! That's all I am going to say about it. I am in the process of "moving preparation". Since I do not have a set date yet for moving, I am preparing to move. I know this is weird, but believe me, it makes sense. I have been cleaning out closets. Two huge bags to the Goodwill store. I have begun to remove things from hidden spots and assessing them. Two more bags to the Goodwill. I took a HUGE amount of fabric stash to a local quilt group that makes baby quilts for charity. I painted two old metal yard chairs that have needed painting for ten years. They are now white and pale blue. Not rust, rust, and splotches of pink, yellow, or blue. And rust. The green one is still splotchy with two or three old coats of paint, but the rust is not so bad.

I am painting an old 1930's style jelly cabinet. I bought it at a yard sale perhaps 12 years ago. I only wanted it because it was really an old cabinet, and it was the right size. It was painted this hideous green enamel paint. No problem, I thought, I'll just strip it, clean it, and hopefully it'll be gorgeous.

Well, 12 years later, I tried stripping it. It was awful. I remembered why my husband always did the stripping and repairs on furniture. I remembered I tried stripping doors in our house. I ended up taking them to a friend who had a huge vat for stripping big pieces of furniture. It was so much easier than hand doing it slowly.

Well-I couldn't get all the paint off the stupid cabinet. It tried to be patient, but no way was this going to come off. So now it is being painted a flat white latex. I gave up the dream of a natural colored cabinet. Anyway, even the painting is a pain. I only have one coat on there now. I am not going to paint any more today. Tomorrow is another day.

So today it has been the day to be ruthless. I am dragging stuff outside, looking it over, and deciding if it is going or staying. I did find some old photos and stuff. I have decided to get rid of a ton of stuff. I am not going to drag this stuff any further.

I did get sock 1 finished. I picked up the shawlette to finish the edging. It has been languishing in a pile by itself. Last night we celebrated Joy's birthday at HandHeld Knitting. It was a really loud group again. I will be working at the shop some next week, so I am going to get all this done this week. Sigh!

No comments: