Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Irrefutable Complexities

A long time ago I mentioned that I love words - or rather, the sounds of words. Tonight I was listening to something on PBS. I had switched over to that channel to see what was on. There was some drawing of a flagellum (another keen word to say out loud), and they were discussing something about this thing. I hadn't been watching the show, so I do not know the context. But the narrator said, "There is irrefutable complexities blah, blah, blah, blah." I stopped listening when I heard "irrefutable complexities". I kept saying those two words over and over.


Definitions of 'irrefutable'
(ĭ-rĕfyə-tə-bəl, ĭrĭ-fyū-) - 1 definition - The American Heritage® Dictionary
irrefutable
(adj.)
Impossible to refute or disprove; incontrovertible: irrefutable arguments; irrefutable evidence of guilt.


Synonyms of 'irrefutable'
13 synonyms - Roget's II: Thesaurus

Established beyond a doubt: certain, hard, inarguable, incontestable, incontrovertible, indisputable, indubitable, positive, sure, unassailable, undeniable, undisputable, unquestionable

But just try to say those two words. They "sound" so good together.

I finished another Lizard Ridge block. Pictures soon, I promise.

No comments: