Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day!

Yesterday was a blustery, bright, sunny day. The wind is blowing in from the south, bringing lots of moisture. It is setting us up for a storm tonight. A cold front is coming from the northwest, and when it hits the moisture and heat from the south-BAM! It is the way our weather works every Spring.

So with the right atmosphere to wash, I put my latest quilt outside to blow in the wind. I looked at my archives and did not find any pictures of it. So here they are. The first one is the "right" side. The materials are Moda- I think Canoe Country. Lots of cabins, lake, canoes, moose, etc. This was not the pattern I started with. I made four blocks according to pattern. I could not get them square. I became very frustrated. I stopped sewing for a while. When I went back to it, I just made up my own pattern.
The "back" of the quilt is the four blocks I started with sewn into a large block. I just filled in with cream material to make the back big enough.
Then I wanted to show you a close up of the quilting part. I told the quilter I wanted circles to break up the geometric linear thing. And this is what she did. Isn't it pretty? She used a muti-colored nylon thread that blended with all the colors in the quilt. I was tickled to see how she did that.

I did a binding that matched the tiny print that was the main fabric. It is much smaller than originally planned, but I am really happy with it.

So we start May with laundry pictures, but I promise I won't always do that. I am knitting on the forgotten UFO and the mitre blankie. I haven't even cast on for the 2nd sock yet. I am still cleaning out drawers and throwing stuff out.

So no major news. It is warm, it is WINDY, and everything is GREEN! I noticed that when I was driving home the other day. Suddenly-like just overnight-everything is GREEN!

Keep on knitting, keep on sewing, keep on spinning.

No comments: