Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Hot Week Ahead!

As I mentioned before, someone turned on the heat. I keep my mantra, "We will survive this", going all the time. The poor plants are suffering. They were thriving in all the rain we were getting, and now they are too big and leafy to do well. I water, but it is a drop to them.

My friend YC came over the weekend to plug in some new computer programs, and I am going to do some work for her business. I felt like my brain was going to run out my ears yesterday. We worked 7 hours on "stuff". We only took one major break to run into town to make a copy of a document she had brought, and it would be less costly and time consuming to take it to a copier place. Whew. We picked up salads to go, and rushed back home. She left in a flurry last night about 8:30 p.m., but talked to me until she had driven through Tulsa. I was on the computer looking up stuff while she was talking. I was exhausted when I went to bed about 10:30p.m. I just don't have the energy any more.

I did get some knitting done waiting for her to arrive, but otherwise, this was not a knitting weekend. I have a busy, busy day today. I am going to go to a spinning group at 1:oo p.m., and then my knitting group this evening. I sat down to get my spinning wheel adjusted. I like to do that before I go to any new group. Well, Ms. Ashford does not feel like spinning today. I will have to sit down and have a good talk with her after I finish this. I oiled her the other day, so that is not it.

Otherwise no news. I did finish the green wool that I was spinning, and it looks all nice and neat since I blocked it and wound it into a skein. I think this skein will go to the yarn shop for a demo for the dye workshop.

Anyway, gotta go work on the spinning wheel. Got to get my truck packed. Got to take a shower and get dressed. Gotta, Gotta, Gotta, Gotta..... wish my English was improved too.
Sigh! My brain is still tired!

No comments: