Monday, July 12, 2010

Yes-It's Still Raining!

We almost had a brief day of summer for two days. It was humid and sticky and very warm. Not as hot as normal, but hot enough.

Today we are raining again. My girlfriend told me that there is more rain totals in Kansas than here, so I guess I won't complain. My yard looks like a jungle, and it is out of control now. I try to mow in between the rain, but I missed it by one day this week.

I spent all day on Saturday with my friend CJE just putzing around. We went to the grand opening of our friend JE's yarn shop. We bought some pin roving and I bought some more sock yarn to dye. We ate lunch. We went to a farmer's market, and to one antique mall. Just putzing around.

Yesterday I woke up with a stomach bug, and I just didn't feel well at all. So I cleaned the front room and hallway floors, and swept out the kitchen. I got all hungry for something, but my crackers were yucky. They smelled awful. So soup and toast worked. Later in the afternoon I baked a pound cake and put some peaches on that. That was good. I woke up this morning at 4 am with a stabbing pain in my stomach. So I sat in the recliner and slept until almost 8:30am.

We had the most interesting light display last night about 11 pm. I was trying to find a comfy place in between cats and dog and trying to settle my stomach down. That's when I saw the light show outside. Imagine the old fashion kind of cameras that had a shutter lens. It would be a nanosecond of that, and then normal light. Then another change of light. I finally decided it had to be some kind of weird lightening. It didn't flash like lightening does, but just changed the light in the sky.

I am almost finished with the granny square addiction afghan. It will be for a baby-somebody's baby-and I am stopping at around 36 inches square. I think that is adequate size. I am spinning the buffalo/alpaca blend that I had carded some time ago. I am almost finished with the waist decreases on the handspun sweater, and soon to start the increases. I started another pair of baby socks. And I am using the linen stitch scarf as my carry around project. It is easy, and quite calming. I find it almost mesmerizing when I get into the rhythm of the pattern. Not anything else new.

Happy Monday! Have a good week!

No comments: