Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting For Santa Claws!


Well-she is a little bit optimistic! I mean-has she been naughty or nice?
Finally things are calming down in that lull that comes after the rush of the season. First I had to make the quick trip to the Fiber Extravaganza at Mt. Magazine. That was fun!
Then my son comes for a quick visit with his lady friend. That was fun! Even though I had to quickly straighten up my mess, and try to hide some of the "stuff" (yarn, projects, etc), it still looked presentable.
Then last weekend was The Wild Foods Party at CJE and AE's house. That is always a great event. It is really the last of the tribe's get-togethers. It is always the second weekend of December. It was nice. Everyone seems to be mellowed out this year. It was mostly bird-quail, pheasant, duck, etc. I think the chili was venison. There was some kind of meatball dish that just said, "Dragon's Balls" on the label. It didn't really taste like beef, so maybe pork and beef combined????? Anyway, there is enough food there to feed thousands-or at least hundreds-and we all ate a plate full.
Now we are in the lull. No events, no more parties, no more gussy-ing up. I am knitting fingers on the glove, I finished the neck warmer, and I just put a sock on the needles. I am trying to finish sewing my Christmas gifts, but I am not in any great hurry.
Although neither cat seems to notice the tree, Baby does like to sit under it. Noodles did nose one of the lower ornaments tonight, but not in a playful way. It was more that it was right there in front of him, and he had to see what it was. Nothing interesting, obviously. Whew!
I ran out of bird food this morning, so I had to make a quick run to the store. I wouldn't want them to go hungry. I wasn't so worried today since we had a little warm up to nearly 40 degrees. It was 16 degrees last night. It appears that now we are in a roller coaster event of really bitter cold, a little warm up, then back to bitter cold, then back to a little warm up, etc. I absolutely hate cold and wind.
Nothing too much to report. It's good that things are slow and not harried. It is hard to believe that half of December is over. Soon a new decade will start. It seems weird that the year 2000 was 10 years ago. It just seems like the other day.
Keep plugging away. Soon Christmas will be behind us.

No comments: