Monday, October 12, 2009

Another Cloudy Monday!

When I find the perfect yarn and the perfect pattern, knitting is blissful, it is cozy, it is fulfilling. And it is Finished! This is The Diamond Hat and Mitten Set by Elizabeth Morrison. It is worth the cost of downloading the pattern. I used JoSharp Silk Road-85% Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere. It was on sale at my LYS. And yes, I did not follow the pattern for the braid because I was watching a show on T.V. But it looks okay to me. Also, after tinking around and ripping out, I finally found the perfect weight of handspun merino yarn to finish my fingerless mitts. I am now almost finished with the thumb gusset for the first one. I finished the cuff on the second one, so just have to pick up and knit the mitt part on that one.

It is surprisingly cool, misty, wet, and yucky all in one day! What else does one do but bake brownies! When in doubt, bake! The cats go outside, come in soaking wet, and then sit in my lap to warm up. Not a pleasant thing when one is knitting away.

"Mom! I can't get the lid off this catnip. What do you mean, quit that? I love's me some catnip."



No comments: