O.K. It has been forever since I wrote. I cannot find the thingy that I put my memory stick in to transfer pictures. So..... sorry, no pics this time.
Let's catch up a little bit.
1) I have finally gotten the last carload from house A to house B. I have moved my plants that I am going to move at this point.
2) I have a very industrious neighbor that is retired and loves to putz around and does not think I can do all this by myself. He will zip over into my yard with his riding mower while he is mowing his yard, he came over at 8 a.m. one morning to hang the bell in the backyard (more on that later), and he removed the post with the wiring in the front yard.
3) With this neighbor's help, I now have a dump truck load of topsoil in my front yard. Now I have to think of how I am going to landscape the front yard. I have to do this quick, or he will be over here with his tractor pushing the dirt where he wants to put it.
4) I bought a new mattress set for my bed, and I put the old set in the guest bedroom. I walked in after the delivery, and OMG, it is higher than the footboard! I have an antique iron bed that has never seen a humongous, thick set like this one. Of course, my sheets do not fit. But I am making do with what I have.
5) I have begun peeling off the wallpaper in the kitchen. The solution from Lowe's works great at removing the last pieces of glued on stuff. But I have not dedicated a distinct time to just get it done. I am busy trying to keep up with my neighbor's antics.
6) I have shampooed the hall carpet and highlighted the living room area.
7) I have cooked a complete meal with my new stove. I have a Kenmore gas stove that is lovely!
8) The birds are finally coming to the birdfeeders. The hummingbirds are fighting, but have slowed down some in the last few days.
9) And it is still raining! This is unbelievable for August. We had one week of 100's, and it was unbearable! Then it has been low to mid 80's, and lots of rain. And the grass keeps growing!
Now, about the neighbors. He is a retired funeral home owner. They own a huge RV, and have a big beautiful home. He just putz around all the time doing stuff. This morning I heard a motor noise, and there he was trimming his hedges. This is a man with a heart condition, a pacemaker, and having some difficulty with his blood pressure. She is the homemaker type and has fibromyalgia. She is in pain a lot with this weather. They built this house to be closer to children. They have three sons that live nearby, and a daughter that lives across town. Their grandchildren are teenagers or older.
So one night I could not sleep, and finally the last time I looked at the clock was close to 1 a.m. I wake up at 8 a.m. with the cats acting strange. I open my eyes and there is my neighbor crossing my backyard. I do not have any curtains up, and was not worried since this looks out to the woods. But here he was, putzing around and hanging my bell in the one tree I have in the backyard. I hunkered down and slid to the floor and crawled below window level to the bathroom. I hurriedly put on clothes, pinned up my hair without combing it, and went out to see what he was doing. He apologized for waking me up.
So finally the rain storm has passed over. I am going to fix some lunch, and relax a little bit. I have to keep an eye out for the neighbor. You would think he would have enough to do with his own load of dirt.
I am on hold right now with the house stuff since I am working out in the yard so much. I know it doesn't have to all get done right now, but I am trying to get it organized some.