Monday, June 3, 2013

It Is Almost Summer!

I know it is so boring to just talk about the weather.  But this is the weirdest Spring ever in memory.
Of course, my memory is shorter these days.

Who would ever imagine that on June 2 in Arkansas that I would be wearing sweat pants and a long-sleeved shirt over my t-shirt?

At least today the sun in shining!  Wahoooo!  When I sit outside I can imagine that it is warmer and nice and pleasant.  When I get too hot, I stroll inside and cool off.  Almost summer!

I am having a hard time focusing on knitting.  I am doing too scarves and a pair of man socks.  That's it.  I dream of bigger and more complicated knits, but I am just not into it.

I have been spinning like a demon, though I have to get up and stretch periodically.  I am doing a coupla skeins of BFL that I am going to indigo dye.  The skeins spin fast and take forever to dry in the moisture-laden air we have.  But I can hardly wait to get a dyepot going.

On Facebook I saw the cutest hat pattern-Wolves Will Be Wolves.  According to the designer, you can put as many wolves in as you desire in the midst of the sheep.  A cute little stranded knit hat.

I also found a cute pattern for a cardigan that has a flared bottom and cables.  I like it a lot.  But since I am only in dreaming stage, I just wrote the name down.

My friend CJE is back from her trip in China.  They had a delay in Beijing that made her a little nervous.  Other than that it was the running from port to port in the airports trying to make planes.

She surprised me that she signed up to vend at the show in October.  I emailed the organizer and asked if we could have adjoining booths.  She had already planned it that way.  Isn't that a great thing!  She said it would be a shame to separate the two of us. 

If the yard dries a little more, I will mow tomorrow.  I think more rain is expected the latter part of the week.  Sigh!  Saturday the yard was floating, yesterday it was soppy, and today it is soggy.  So it is drying out little bit by little bit.

I had to spray my hollyhocks.  They all had some little bug eating them up.  I was afraid to spray, but I want to stop anything from eating the flowers.  The hummers and bees love the flowers. 

Well, time to put the clothes in the dryer.  I did grocery shopping early this am, and am almost through with laundry.  Then I can go back to spinning.  Yeah!  Who needs to do housework?

Have a great week.  Hope you aren't growing webs between your toes.

No comments: