Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's Almost Solstice!

I haven't dropped off the planet.  Although it is a pleasant thought to know we still have a planet left, the conspiracy stuff is flying too fast for me.  I am choosing to just ignore everyone that talks about it.

That means I do not listen to the news anymore.  I watch the weather, but why is another question.  It is hot, it is humid, and we have an occasional little shower that moves in.  Mother Earth is pissed off at humans right now, so just get used to it.

My teeny potato crop is almost ready for harvest.  I only had three plants this year.

I just finished winding the newest skein of handspun and it is in the bath relaxing.  Then she goes to the yarn blocker for drying.  Then suddenly there is a new skein of lovely Cormo wool and silk ready for someone to love her.  It is a pretty yellow that is soft and looks like lemon custard.

I have been in a funk for about a week.  Reading other peoples' blogs makes me realize that a lot of folks are in a funk right now.  I am having a hard time being motivated to do much.  I am reading a lot.  I am not watching t.v. in the evenings any more, but when I do sit down I turn on Netflix and knit.  I am bored with the knitting.  Another cyclical thing, I know.

Peach season is starting, so I am gorging on fresh peaches.  Somewhere along the way I get tired of eating so many and I put some up in the freezer.  There are some fruits that I just prefer to eat in season instead of eating in the winter.  One of them is peaches.  Around May I start thinking about peaches, and then June comes and there they are.  I think our local crops are going to be good this year with all the rain we had.  Watermelon is another fruit I prefer in season, and I prefer local melons. 

Nothing else of importance in my life at the moment.  I am just plugging along trying to get everything completed that I want to put in the show in October.  I am planning more yarn, but right now I am taking a little break.

Have a safe weekend.  Keep cool.

No comments: