Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Little Greeting

A Spinster’s Twelve Days of Christmas by Paula J. Vester, Southern Fibers
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…
12 shearers shearing…
11 ladies carding…
10 rabbits for plucking…
9 weavers weaving…
8 niddy noddies…
7 scoured fleeces…
6 pots for dying…
5 cashmere goats…
4 Ashford wheels…
3 lazy kates…
2 white lambs and
a silkworm in a mulberry tree
 
This was provided by CJ in our Spinning Guild's newsletter.  I had to pass it along.
 
I am not as ambitious as the above workers.  I am slowly and steadily working on the last little drab of spinning on my current blue yarn.  It is gorgeous, and I think that when plied it will be wonderful! 
I spent a nice leisurely day spinning, knitting and reading yesterday, and now I have to run some errands. 
We had a major cold snap.  Of course, with the current weather conditions it will last a coupla days and then warmish again.  We need rain so badly.  We had a nice little storm Sunday morning around 2 am or 3 am. I heard the thunder first and then I saw some lightening.  I thought about running Patty out before the storm, but did not budge from the bed.  Then, of course, it was over and gone by the time we got out of bed about 6:30 am.
We had our Wild Foods Party at CJE and AE's house Saturday.  It is an annual event, and I guess I will say, the food wasn't as wild as we have had before.  Lots of venison and some actual field quail.  I brought Bison sausages.  There was a real odd assortment of food, and the desserts just about did me in.
I took a guest, and she seemed to be intrigued by the long-lasting friendships we have within the group.  I have accepted it and do not notice that so much any more.  I guess one could call us a "tribe", and that some of the friendships are lifelong.  I suppose an anthropologist could come in to study our group.  It is a quite intriguing group of professionals who have no appearance of being professional when together.  They have lots of fun, and they like to party.
Not much else to share.  I have completed my 1.75 inches of stockinette on the yoke, and I am now ready for the colorwork.  FINALLY!  I wound the balls last night, and I am keeping fingers crossed I have enough yarn.  It is handspun, and there is no turning back once started.
I am also about halfway on the colorwork bag I am making.  It is a pattern from the magazine Jane Austin Knits.  It is a cute little bag, and I don't know why it intrigues me.  Maybe because it is small, and that means not a lot of knitting to complete.
In my head I think I want to start the twined knitting fingerless gloves next.  I will see. 
I just got some lovely new sock yarn.  I know I didn't need any more sock yarn.  I just caved with the sale.  I got four balls of Regia yarn and shipping for $16.95.  I haven't designated socks or other projects yet.  I have to work on that bowl of yarn this winter. Sigh! 
Have a good week.  Stay warm!  Have a safe and happy time wherever you are.
 
 

No comments: