Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Still Hot!

Well, we did get about an inch of rain last week, and an itty-bitty reprieve of 90's instead of the 100's. The weatherman said my part of Arkansas is about 10 inches below normal in rainfall.  Whew!  It's a drought again.

I do have some good news.  I have officially opened a web site-  juliannkingsfiberart.com  I know it is an insanity, but I like it.  It has taken me to places I cannot imagine in the brain field.  It has been frustrating and fun, too. 

I sold my rototiller, and I had  planned that money would help out with the extra bills, or at least, maybe would go with me to Christmas in July to the fiber show.  Well, tomorrow is CJE's birthday, and we went to a pawn shop yesterday so she could buy herself a present.  I walked out with a new t.v.  Whodathunkit?!  I got an excellent deal.  The only thing is the picture is too big for my chair placement.  It gives me a headache.  I have to work something out with that.

I finished the squares-56 total.  Now the puzzle begins.  I cannot decide how I am going to place them.  I haven't decided if there will be sashing, or just a border.  Now the fun part begins. 

My neighbor is having a triple bypass this a.m.  I am babysitting the dogs while B is at the hospital worrying over H.  I told her I would mow the itty-bitty patch of tall grass right by their driveway.  It was too hot this morning, but I will try to get up earlier tomorrow.

I finished the socks I was knitting on.  They are on the website now.  I also put the clown socks on the website, too.

My sister-in-law bought my red scarf, and I mailed that off to her.  She and I talked about an hour on Saturday to catch up on everything.  It feels good when one catches up with old friends.  She wants a pair of socks, so I have cast on for her pair.  I told her it may be a while, but it is too hot for socks anyway.  The fabric is coming out a different colorway than I imagined when I look at the ball of yarn.  That's always the case, but it is different. 

I have been putting out a small bowl of water in the shade for the outdoor critters.  My woodchuck is pretty active, even with the heat.  I also have been putting out watermelon and fruit for the critters. 

I haven't been cooking much with the heat.  Yesterday evening I made some chocolate chip muffins, and it tasted so good.  I figured muffins wouldn't be in the oven long, and it wouldn't heat up the house too badly.  They are yummy!

My friend CF is supposed to come visit on Sunday.  Her younger grandson's birthday is next Wednesday, and she is going to spend the day with the two boys on Monday.  Then we are going to go to a movie on Tuesday before she goes home again.  She will be sleeping at my house while she is in town.  So a nice little reprieve for us both.

So not a lot is happening.  I have spent so much time on the website that it has consumed me.  I just want it up and running so I don't have to think about it any more.  I am done with troubleshooting, I think. 

Keep cool, and keep the a/c running.  It is still too damn hot!

 

No comments: