Sunday, February 5, 2012

Well- It's Mid-Winter!

Weather forecast for tonight: dark. ~George Carlin

I refuse to just natter on and on about the weather.  But it is weird!  People are fallen out all over the place in eastern Europe, and Alaska is having record winter.  I am not going to complain too much.  But thunderstorms in February are strange!

Okay-now that that is over, I will discuss my mundane life.  I am knitting.  Wow-really.  I am getting really close to half-way on the vest body.  Maybe today, maybe today and tomorrow knitting.  I am not knitting much on brown semi-gansey.  I take it along since it is just circular stockinette knitting right now. 

Patty and Noodles went for yearly wellness checkups and meds.  Both passed without any difficulty.  So far, so good.  Last year was a record year for disasters in pet kingdom in my household.

So I am hibernating and nothing new is going on.  I am entranced with the stranded knitting. I have to stop and refocus my eyes periodically.  I am not sure how anyone in their right mind could actually knit this stuff for a living-which people did many times in the past.  How did they do it?  I have to stop and rest my eyes and walk around.  Aren't we such lucky people that this is fun and not a mandatory thing in our lives?

I thought today I would spin, but I looked in my bin of fibers and couldn't really get excited about any of it.  I know that I want to spin this or that, but nothing excites me.  So I made biscuits.

Well, like I said, nothing new is going on.  A new month and a bit closer to March and Spring. 

Have a good week.  Enjoy the snowless days while we can.


No comments: