Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Best Line Ever in the Latest Book!

Okay-I admit some days I read stupid cozy mysteries. I love cozies, mainly because they are fantasy for me, and they read fast. I do not like the lovey, dovey kind, but occaisonally I end up with one where the silly woman has a silly man to help her out of a bad situation. Or she would get herself into some kind of place that requires a lot of physical strength, and she cannot get herself out with just her looks or her brains.

I was cruising on Amazon looking for a nonexpensive download for my Kindle. I have a two page list of books I want to read, but most of them are new and cost 9.99. I stumbled onto this one, Spin a Wicked Web by Cricket McRae. I have never read her other cozies. Since this one was about spinning and fiber, I said, "Why not?" Well, I know this author knows about spinning because of her line, ".....The open eyes, directed upwards, unseeing. The puff of blue and green and pink fiber curled in her fingers. The blue lips. My first skein of homespun yarn wrapped around her neck. I hadn't even had a chance to set the twist yet." I italicized the last line, because that was the one that I started laughing about.

I have a busy week ahead, and I am going to Kansas this weekend. So enjoy the heat, and try to stay cool.

No comments: