Monday, March 30, 2009

Look At This!

Since this lady is not dead yet, I didn't feel disrespectful taking a photo of her headstone. Do you see it? A Shuttle! This lady is a weaver. Isn't that the coolest thing? I have never, ever, ever seen a picture engraved on a headstone before. I just loved it. Her husband was a clockmaker, and there was a picture of a grandfather clock on his stone. I just love it. I also found a few stones that listed the Native American tribe affiliation for that person. I thought that was touching too. But a shuttle! It just was wonderful. My cousin asked if I was going to do something like that for my headstone. I told him I wouldn't have a headstone, so it didn't matter. You know how that conversation went from there. I just had to share this. Later I will catch up with the news.

No comments: