Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Have One Hour!

I have company coming in one hour! I will have really only a few minutes to quickly send out a blog, because I have to start cooking lunch. I am going to make a Spinach/Egg Impossible Pie. Yummmmmm!

Yesterday was the day from Hell around here. The men showed up to stain and seal the deck and two porches. I had a hard time picking out the color, but I chose a darker color with a warm yellow look about it. WRONG! It is now chocolate brown. It is going to take some getting used to it, but overall, it is really nice. It is nice to know the wood is protected, and there is a lot of color going on. All three match now. As if that really matters to anyone.

So......while they are doing all that, I am outside in the warm 70's doing yard work. I got the rototiller out and weeded that big flower bed in front. Now it is ready to plant some more pretty flowers. Yeah!

And since I cannot go inside the house with all three doors blocked, I made a pathway across the flower bed with the big concrete blocks that I got from my friend's business. That was very hard and very heavy work. I laid down weed barrier cloth under them, but could only do two at a time because of the weight. I cleaned the extra dirt on the sidewalks and off the railroad ties. I was tired out.

So now that the wood has dried 24 hours, I have to drag all that stuff that is stacked out in the yard onto the porches and deck again. I love my collection of rocks, but why did I have to get big rocks?

There are a bunch of weeds coming up, and I need to weed-eat them. But I will have to wait until my friend leaves tomorrow.

Things are slowly coming together for Spring. It is a lot of work to get things cleaned up and ready for Summer.

Oh-I have broccoli, spinach, and lettuce coming up in the garden! Yeah! They like the sun too!

Here's a bit of Irish humor for St. Patrick's Day:

"The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scotts as a joke, but the Scotts haven't seen the joke yet."- Oliver Herford

No comments: