Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wait! It's Not Christmas Yet!

About 44 days to Christmas-and the Christmas cactus is blooming. This is the first blossom. It was pure white with a pink stamen. Very sexy-for a flower anyway!


The second flower is pale yellow. I swear last year I remember pink, but maybe I don't remember well. They are very pretty. But it isn't time yet to bloom. Oh-well-who am I to tell the plant when to bloom and not to bloom?
This is Uni. She is my new other me. It is a Uniquely You dress form. This is Uni naked out of the box.



This is Uni after the first fitting. I have to try on this cover and fit it on me. It has to be skin tight. When I put the cover back on Uni, it was two inches two big in the bust and hips. The waist was just right. So again back to the sewing machine, and now I have a Uniquely You that is my size.
At least I would look like this if I had on a body shaper. It does not show the lumps and bumps and rolls. I guess I could stick on some padding in places, but I really don't need a reminder of that. I see it everyday. At least now I can place stuff on her and see how it drapes or fits. I think this is a good thing to have.


I am now putting the lace border on the shawl I have been working on. I am almost finished with another pair of socks. And then I think I am going to go back and finish some things I started and never finished. Maybe.
I think I am getting a cold. I am not a happy camper. But I am trying to stay away from others, and I am doing my best to not spread the cheer to others. So stay home, knit, read, and not be sociable.
Later.




No comments: