Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving! A Time for Gratitude!

cted at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.” ~ AlTo educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is direbert Schweitzer


This is the holiday I always set aside as my special day of gratitude. I don't like to mingle with crowds of people, and I don't like to stuff myself with rich food. As a hermit and a curmudgeon, I prefer to be alone. As a practise, I began to do prayers of gratitude years ago.

Of course, I do say prayers of gratitude every day. What makes this day special? I guess it is the change in the season. It is the time of year there is lots of gluttony, ego, and selfishness going around. I just decided this was a day to try to balance the world a little bit. In my own little corner.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ Melodie Beattie

No comments: