Saturday, November 8, 2008

The ? Future of Knitting?

http://io9.com/5076139/3d-knit-dresses-let-you-go-mecha-chic

There is nothing to say. Once you've seen them, you will see what I mean!

I had surprise visitors yesterday. I was watching t.v., knitting, and thinking about putting supper in the oven. And here comes my friend CF, her daughter and two grandsons. Both the boys took naps, and we caught up on news. Both the boys were not "feeling well", and I hate to admit that as soon as they left I wiped things down with Clorox wipes. And I took the pillowcases and blanket and put in the laundry room.

But it was nice to see them all again. They live in a town that is about 3 hours from here, and B. wanted to go to an art gallery opening to see if she could get a show there. She has always done this funky, surrealistic type of painting. She can do conventional stuff, but doesn't like it. She would rather not sell something than compromise her way of doing it. Obviously she needs support from her husband and mother to do this. But don't get me started on this.

I ordered a Uniquely You dress form. I got an email that it was shipped on Thursday. I have already named her Uni. I haven't got a clue how this is going to affect my psyche to see "myself" in 3-D. I am really a little bit nervous about it. I think this will help me make better fitting sweaters and things. And I can see how things drape easier than trying to put it on me and peering in the mirror backwards.

We have had the most pleasant Fall weather this week. It has been in the high 50's-maybe touching low 60's briefly in the heat of the day-and cooler in the 30's at night. It has been very windy and the leaves are blowing off the trees. I got my new Roman shades that have insulation on them for the North windows. So I am ready for the cold. No, I lied. I am not ready for it to come. But when it does, I am prepared.

My neighbors' son brought a load of fill to put on the west side of the driveway to fill in where everything is settled. Now the whole family is getting involved. I must be their "project". He told me that he was doing some work around the yard, and had dug out a lot of "fill", and he would just bring it over and take care of the low spots for me. So when I got home Thursday night, there was the first load put in. I just shake my head and sigh. I guess colder weather will keep them at home. But I guess I have to get tough next Spring and Summer.

I guess I will go and watch Fons and Porter on t.v. I am cutting out quilt pieces right now for a simple, easy quilt. So maybe this will inspire me to keep on working on that.

No comments: