Friday, August 9, 2013

Still Raining!

This is August 9.  August is always a very hot, very dry, very air conditioner kind of month. 
It has been raining for about a week now.  I mean we have had lots of thunderstorms with lightening and thunder and wind.  I pick up dead limbs out of the yard every morning.  By mid afternoon the sun will peek out a little bit, and the humidity zooms to "air you wear".  I turn on the a/c at that point.  Until then I can tolerate the warmness and moistness.

Well, we did have snow in May!  Why not rain in August?

I have been spinning the BFL blend that I bought in Kellyville.  It works up fast, it looks gorgeous, and I love it.  I am on the second bobbin of the second skein.  I started on Sunday.  Wow!  It is nice.

I sold my little Norwood loom to a new weaver in Cabot.  I am delivering it in Russellville tomorrow.  I am sad at my decision, but it is a good one.  I don't know why I am grieving so much.  I haven't really woven anything in a long, long time.  It just means I have to move on.

I do spend most of my time with my spinning and knitting.  Occasionally I wander into the back room to sew. 

I hate being a grown-up!  I have to make big decisions and then I move on.

My neighbor has been using his son's tractor to move dirt from my pile to his yard.  Now I have a muddy mess in the back yard.  I try not to think too much about it.  The rain has kept him from finishing up the job.  I know he will clean up the mess once it is dry enough.  It is just awful to look out there first thing in the morning.

I have been watching movies on Netflix this week while spinning.  I finished one yesterday that was Australian.  I would never go to the movie theater to see it, but it was good.

Well, I am off to the grocery store for my weekly shopping.  Just wanted to grouse some about the weather.  I am beginning to get used to the idea of rain every day.  Feels really tropical around here. Where's the beach?

No comments: