Monday, October 29, 2012

Are they heading for higher ground?

Yesterday I went over to CJE's house and played with knitting for a while with JE and CJE.  We watched a fiber video.  Patty was not acting herself.  She was constantly wanting out.  She was nervous, and agitated.  She would just stare at me.

After we got home, I fed both she and the cat.  It was well past their appointed time to eat their dinner.  I couldn't get Patty to calm down.  She was traipsing up and down the hallway, ticking her nails against the wood floor.  She would go up and down the hallway, then stare at me.  I took her outside three or four times.  The last time when my patience was worn out, the cat came in.  He kept running up and down the hallway with his tail crooked.  I threw a little ball, he ignored it.  So it wasn't an invitation to play.  I couldn't figure it out.

Today, both are acting their normal selves.  Some friends suggested maybe they were reacting to the megastorm on East coast.  I just didn't think so. 

Just now I looked at Facebook for the first time today.  I scrolled down to see what is new.  One of my friends said there had been a 3.9 earthquake in Parkin, which is in the northeastern part of the state.  Near the New Madrid fault line.

So-like the elephants in Indonesia-I guess both my animals were heading for higher ground.  I had the sense to know something was not right, but I couldn't figure it out.  They had sense to feel the pre-shock or whatever it is called before the big one.  Now they are both their usual selves. 

Whew!  Weather is weird!

No comments: