Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Open the Gates!

Whew!  I am ready to open the gates!  I am soooo close now!  I am taking a day off from yard work to work on Mr. Vest!  I will cut the steeks, sew the ends together to make the shoulder, and tack down the steeks.  Then on to the rib!  Yeah!  It seems do-able to me.

And yes!  It is still March and my pink azalea is blooming!  It is too much for me.  I started tacking the honeysuckle and I know it is a stupid thing to do.  But I feel better for the poor little trees it is smothering if I try to rip some of it off.  I sometimes wish I could borrow one of the llamas down the street, but I cannot imagine how to manage one without fencing. 

Patty almost died last weekend from something she ate.  She has always gotten into the stuff my neighbor throws over his fence into the woods.  But I don't know what she ate, and it was not recognizable in the vomit she threw up.  She had diarrhea and vomiting on Friday after being up all night long Thursday night.  I ended up rushing her to the vet on Friday afternoon.  She is now quite the drama queen with all the attention and loving she got while sick.

Noodles has been adapting to the door being locked on his night adventures.  But with the warmer weather he wants OUT!  I thought I could do that Friday while I was taking care of Patty.  Oh, no, he immediately got into a tussle with a visitor crossing his yard.  So after dark we remain locked up.

Nothing new to report.  Same old, same old.  Have a great rest of the week.  I just wanted to report on the vest progress.  I am quite pleased!

No comments: