Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day 2 May

It has seemed such a long time to finally get to May.  Normally by February I am tired of winter, and I am anxious to get on with warmer weather.  This year February was bitterly and unseasonably cold.  It seemed forever until March came.  Then we had normal weather until April.  April was cold some, warm some, and really, really, really wet.  It was always cloudy, gloomy, chilly, and bone-aching. 

Now, finally we are having a delightful weather pattern.  Sitting on my screened porch is wonderful. I listen to all the neighborhood sounds.  The birds are twittering, chattering, and chirping.  It is a good day all around.

I went to a special opening of an exhibit at the Shiloh Museum here in Springdale.  I met up with friends there, and we had a late dinner together.  Then I was sick.  I don't know if it was the lateness of the dinner or the dinner itself.  I woke up yesterday with diarrhea and Patty was sick, too.  So the two old ladies just stayed close to home.  It wasn't an awful day.

Today is an awesome day for both of us.  It is warm, it is sunny, and it is peaceful here on the little porch.

I watched a fantastic video yesterday on Netflix- The Monk with a Camera.  It is a mindful journey of a privileged young man who decides to become a Tibetan monk. 

Today I got notice from Netflix that they have Longmire's next season.  Finally..... I can find out what happens to the handsome deputy that is an asshole and got shot.

Today is not a Netflix day.  It is a peaceful day to sit on the porch, lounge around, and just chill.

I think in all the chaos of the world right now, I want to just have peace and balance in my life where I am right now.  I can only project goodness out if I have goodness coming in. 

I am on medicine three of the b.p. medicines.  I am not having any horrible reactions-except my pulse sky rockets when I stand up.  I went for a treadmill stress test Thursday, and I was over the goal pulse rate when I stood up.  I was able to make three minutes on the treadmill climbing a hill, and I was wiped out.  I was unable to breathe and my heart was pounding.

So we will see where we go from here.

I am not going to chat long.  I want to go back to my porch and just chillin'.
   

No comments: