Monday, January 26, 2015

Eight Years!

I had to look it up.  I started this blog in January, 2007.  It is hard to imagine what anyone can really talk about in that amount of time.  Obviously my interests in fiber work stays constant.  My interest in writing on this blog has not.  I seem to only write once in a while now.  I guess my idea is to create more balance, but it only complicates life.  I have so many things I want to work on, and I pick up my knitting.  I guess I am in a rut.

Patty is older now.  I am dealing with a geriatric dog.  Noodles will be fifteen years old this year.  He is moving slowly, but he still hunts and wanders around the yard.  I guess his aging has come slowly enough that I have gotten used to his slower ways.  I noticed it more when Tommy Cat was living with us last year.  He was young and spry and full of energy.

I am older now too.  I find my hips don't like sitting too long.  I am constantly wiggling around to find a way to lessen the pain.  I am moving slower.  I am doing less physical work than I used to do.  I can ride the mower all day, but the push mower and weed eater kill me.

So where are we now.  Still living in the gray house in my studio.  Still spreading out all the things I love to work on.  Still happy to be able to do all the things I love.  I may get new glasses, but I can still see and here and smell and taste and feel all the fine things I love.  I have pumpernickel bread in the bread oven right now.  Almost ready by the smell of things.

So here's to a new year of growth and prosperity for everyone.  Keep on doing!

No comments: